Heat up the grill and do your best not to drool over this delicious Grilled Chicken and Sweet Potato Foil Packets with Chimichurri Sauce recipe!
- 2 large, sweet potatoes
- 2 medium chicken breasts (1-1½ lbs)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup fresh chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes (add more to make it spicier!)
- ½ lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to about 400 degrees. I used my charcoal grill!
- Dice the sweet potatoes, bell peppers into bite-size pieces. Slice the red onion. Add ingredients to a bowl. Lastly, dice the chicken into bite size pieces. Add this into the bowl as well.
- Add salt, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder and olive oil into the bowl and mix to combine, making sure each piece of chicken and/or veggie is coated with seasoned oil mixture.
- Divide into fourths and place on a large sheet of aluminum foil. Fold it together like you’re wrapping a present - the long sides first followed by the smaller sides. On the side where the foil isn’t wrapped up, poke a couple of holes in the foil to allow steam to escape.
- Place on a preheated charcoal grill for 25-30 minutes.
- While it is grilling, prepare your chimichurri sauce. Finely chop the cilantro and parsley and add to a medium-size bowl. Mince the garlic and add that into the bowl as well. Add in the olive oil, dried oregano, red pepper flakes, half of a lemon and salt and pepper to taste. Mix to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired and set this in the fridge for now!
- When the foil packets are done - the chicken will be fully cooked through and the potatoes will be fork tender.
- Drizzle the chimichurri sauce generously over top. Eat straight from the packet or add to a freshly grilled pita bread and enjoy!