Sweet potatoes are a convenient addition to any BBQ cookout, packed with nutrients and offering an endless variety of usages!
- 5 organic sweet potatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Chop the sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add cubed sweet potatoes and boil for 5 minutes. Immediately drain the potatoes and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Slice the red onion, zucchini, yellow bell pepper, and red bell pepper into small pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix together.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the partially boiled sweet potatoes and sliced vegetables through 10 metal skewers, leaving a small gap on both ends. Brush the potatoes and vegetables with the glaze.
- Transfer skewers to the grill. Cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Remove from the grill and serve!