Recipe created by our founder and President, Mike Valpredo! This recipe features purple sweet potatoes that are purple on the outside and white on the inside. Dense in texture with a full nutty flavor, they make for a great alternative to traditional sweet potatoes!
- 2 Bako Sweet Purple Japanese Sweet Potato Steam Bags
- 6-ounce tri-tip steak
- 2 cups brussels sprouts
- sliced into halves
- 1 large, red onion
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the brussels sprouts in half, slice the sweet potatoes into half-moon shapes, and slice the red onion. Spread out on to a large sheet pan. Add olive oil, salt and pepper to the pan and mix together with the veggies to be sure they are all well coated. Place the pan in the oven for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway, until they are roasted to perfection.
- While the veggies are roasting, cook the tri-tip steak in a pan to your liking. Once done, let it rest for a few minutes and dice into bite-size pieces. Set aside for now. Once the veggies are done, divide them out into bowls along with the steak bites.
- Add salted butter or oil to a non-stick pan. Crack one or two eggs and let them cook, sunny side up, until the egg whites are fully cooked through.
- Top the bowls with the eggs and add an extra sprinkle of salt and pepper or squeeze of lemon. Enjoy!