Warm up with this Rosemary Garlic Butter Mashed Sweet Potatoes. Rich in flavor and in color, it's good for the soul and good for you!
- 2 14-ounce Bako Sweet Orange Sweet Potato Steam Bags
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 4 Tbsp softened salted butter
- 2-3 Tbsp freshly chopped rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic
- Plenty of salt and pepper to taste
- Melted butter and extra herbs for garnish (optional)
- Place one 14-ounce Bako Sweet Orange Steam Bagin the microwave. Microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Wait for the bag to deflate, then carefully cut open. Repeat for second bag.
- Remove sweet potatoes and slice them in half. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Soften the butter. Mince 4 cloves of garlic, finely chop the fresh rosemary and add it into the butter, stirring to combine.
- Once the sweet potatoes have cooled, scoop the inside of the sweet potatoes into a large pot on the oven on medium heat. Mash them gently with a potato masher to get all of the lumps out.
- Add in softened butter, herbs and garlic. Stir together. Then, add in the milk and stir until creamy. Add a splash of heavy cream if you would like for extra decadence. Add a GOOD amount of salt and pepper and season to taste.
- Serve with an extra pat of butter on top along with some melted butter on top (optional). Garnish with fresh herbs. Enjoy!