This Sweet Potato Hummus is the absolute best appetizer or snack option! It’s made extra simple by using the steamable sweet potato from Bako Sweet and is blended in a food processor to creamy perfection. Make sure you have a bag of pita chips around - yum!
- 1 steamable Bako Sweet sweet potato
- 1 (14 oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ½ cup olive oil
- Juice of one lime
- ½ tsp salt (more if needed)
- Oil/smoked paprika for garnish
- Water to thin out hummus if needed
- Steam the Bako Sweet potato in the microwave for 8 minutes. Let it cool for a few minutes and then carefully peel off the skin.
- To a food processor, add in the drained can of garbanzo beans followed by the minced garlic, tahini, salt, olive oil, juice of one lime and the steamed sweet potato.
- Pulse in the food processor until the hummus becomes extra creamy and smooth. If needed, you can add more olive oil to reach the desired consistency. If the hummus is still too thick, feel free to add in a few splashes of water to thin it out.
- When finished, dish into a bowl and garnish with a splash of extra olive oil and smoked paprika for flavor if desired.
- Serve with freshly chopped vegetables or pita chips. Enjoy!