Spicy Valentine’s Day Roasted Sweet Potato Hearts
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Fill a large pot with water, add 1 tsp. salt and bring to a boil.
- Line one or two baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Peel the 3 sweet potatoes and then slice them 1/2 inch thick. Place the potato slices into the pot of water and simmer for 4 minutes. Drain the sweet potatoes into a colander and rinse with cold water.
- Take a small heart shaped metal cookie cutter and cut a heart out of each sweet potato round.
- Combine the rest of ingredients for the avocado oil mixture.
- Coat the sweet potatoes with the avocado oil mixture, mix and let them soak for about 3-5 minutes.
- Roast potatoes in oven for 10 minutes, flipping over. Then roast for another 10 minutes. Optional, broil the potatoes for an additional 2-3 minutes to make crispy.
- Dip in ketchup and enjoy!