Rise and shine with these Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash Bowls! Start your day off right with sweet potatoes as a super food fueling you to handle whatever comes your way.
- 2 medium, sweet potatoes
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- ½ lb spicy breakfast sausage, cooked
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- fresh herbs to garnish
- Dice the sweet potatoes into bite size pieces, the onion into finely diced pieces and the zucchini into half-moon shapes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to a large cast iron skillet. Add the sausage and cook until done (about 5-6 minutes). Once done, remove it onto a plate and set aside.
- To the same pan, add the sweet potatoes into the cast iron skillet on medium heat. Add a large pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Let them sauté for about 10 minutes, moving them around consistently to make sure they do not burn.
- Once the 10 minutes is up, add the zucchini and onion into the skillet. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Then, add the sausage back into the skillet and keep it on warm. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Add butter to another skillet and fry your eggs. Let the butter melt and gently crack the eggs in. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on the eggs and let the whites of the egg cook through - for about 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Place the egg on top of the hash. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired. Eat while hot and enjoy!